Banca March provides training activities for employees to strengthen its Sustainable Finance advisory services
19 August 2021 Category: Sustainability
Banca March, with the aim of offering its clients the best specialized advice on sustainable investment, has launched training in Sustainable Finance for 100% of the workforce, in collaboration with the Institute for Financial Studies (IEF).
- Banca March has reached an agreement with the Instituto de Estudios Financieros (IEF) to train 100% of the bank's workforce with a view to offering its customers excellent, highly specialised sustainable investment advisory services.
- As well as building extensive knowledge in sustainable investment, the course also prepares attendees for the EFPA ESG Advisor qualification, launched recently by EFPA Spain.
- Banca March offers sustainability training to its entire workforce, and is seeking to train the sector's best sustainability advisors, as this is an increasingly important consideration in the construction of saver and investor portfolios.
Banca March is rolling out training in sustainable investment for 100% of its workforce in partnership with the Instituto de Estudios Financieros (IEF), with a view to offering its customers excellent, highly specialised sustainable investment advisory services.
As well as building extensive knowledge in sustainable investment, the course also prepares attendees for the EFPA ESG Advisor qualification, launched recently by EFPA Spain. This new European certification is aimed at financial advisory professionals who want to complement their knowledge and training and gain a qualification in ESG factors for the distribution of financial products and services.
Sonia Colino, Director of Development, Communication and Brand at Banca March, said: “We are very pleased to be working with the Instituto de Estudios Financieros to provide training for our team, especially in sustainability, which is of the utmost importance to Banca March and is one of the cornerstones of the bank's business. We provide training in sustainability for all our professionals. We are the best manager training facility in the Spanish banking sector and we also seek to train the best advisors in sustainability, which is such a crucial factor in today's world and the decades ahead. In a world where investors are increasingly aware of the social and environmental impact of financial decisions, planning and professional advice are absolutely indispensable. We know that we can only offer our customers the very best service if we strive for excellence and specialisation, which is why we dedicate significant resources into training our advisors and the entire Banca March team.”
Banca March: committed to training and sustainability
The 50-hour course in Sustainable Finance is part of Banca March's strategy to strengthen its commitment to sustainability and ensure it is applied across all of the bank's areas of activity. The entire Banca March workforce has access to an extensive sustainability training programme. Training in Sustainable Finance is also complemented with other initiatives to expand and enhance the Banca March team's knowledge and understanding of sustainability and sustainable investment. These initiatives include:
- Sustainability and Climate Risk. This certification is offered by GARP, the Global Association of Risk Professionals, and is delivered to the bank's specialist teams to provide an in-depth understanding of new risks and the associated financial risks. Specifically, it is designed to enhance attendees' knowledge of the risks associated to climate change.
- Sustainability Awareness Course delivered in partnership with AFI Escuela de Finanzas.
- ESG Sustainability Training delivered by Deloitte to the Board of Directors, Management Committee and Sustainability Committee.
- Talks on sustainability delivered by experts in the field.
Also, over the past year, the bank has complemented its training programme with support for teaching and academic research projects. In 2020, the Banca March Doctorate was launched in partnership with the University of Oviedo. Every year, professionals from the bank will have the opportunity to complete the Doctorate in Economics and Business. One of the topics that can be researched as part of the Doctorate is economic sustainability.
Banca March has positioned itself as an unparalleled asset management training facility, investing far more than the sector average in training for its professionals, which guarantees exceptional customer service. All of Banca March's professionals have undergone training in the last five years, in line with a constantly-updated annual plan which is tailored to the various teams' evolving needs. In recent years, greater emphasis has been placed on training in advisory services to ensure that Banca March has the best-trained professionals in the sector, holding internationally-recognised certifications in financial advisory services.