Banca March is the fifth best place to work in Spain and the only Spanish bank in the Great Place To Work® ranking
31 March 2023 Category: Banca March
- Banca March has received this recognition for the third year running, a highly prestigious international certification which endorses a business model based on leadership in solvency, responsible advice, a solid reputation, service quality, advisory technology and people management, with the best-trained professionals in the Spanish banking sector.
- According to the Great Place to Work® survey, 8 out of 10 employees say the bank is an excellent place to work and 92% feel proud of the bank's achievements.
- The consulting firm scored Banca March particularly highly in the categories of culture of excellence, sense of pride in belonging, new employee onboarding and trust in management.
- Banca March's people management model has positioned the bank as the best manager training facility in the Spanish banking industry, investing significantly more in training than its peers.
- This recognition is in addition to the other accolades received by the bank in 2023, including being certified as a great place to work by Great Place to Work® for the fourth year running and by Top Employers for the fifth year running.
Banca March has once again secured a privileged position, ranking as the fifth best workplace in Spain, and is the only bank among the best places to work with 1,000 or more employees for the third year running, according to the Best Workplaces ranking compiled by the independent consultant Great Place to Work®. This recognition is further endorsement for Banca March, which boasts the strongest capital adequacy ratios in the Spanish financial system, of its unique business model based on sector-leading capital ratios, responsible advice, an impeccable reputation, service quality, advisory technology and people management, positioned as the best manager training facility in the sector with a far higher investment in training than its peers and a culture of excellence aimed at delivering exceptional customer service.
This continued endorsement is evidenced by the Great Place to Work® survey, which shows that 8 out of 10 employees say the bank is an excellent place to work. Once again this year, the consultant applauded the culture of excellence and pride in belonging at the bank, with 92% of professionals saying they were proud of Banca March's achievements and 91% of new workers saying they felt very welcome when they joined the team.
This strong score is replicated among the Banca March professionals who believe their superiors run the business honestly and ethically and who believe that working at the bank is a good job.
The scores that have improved the most overall this year include the highly positive valuation by employees of the workplace, which is a matter of great importance following the end of the pandemic. A significant 96% of professionals believe their workplace is safe, 89% say the facilities afford a pleasant working environment and 87% feel like they can be themselves at work.
The results also revealed a corporate climate of respect for people and for the Banca March business project. The bank's appearance in the Great Place to Work® ranking for the third year running clearly reflects the successful implementation in recent years of the Strategic Plan for Human Resources, which is intended to improve talent management and build a high-performance corporate culture.
Over the last few years, the bank has expanded its range of training options with programmes on sustainability and aid for teaching and academic research projects. The consultant also highlighted the Banca March doctorate, created in collaboration with the University of Oviedo; every year, professionals from the bank complete the doctorate in Economics and Business. There are currently twenty professionals on the course.
This is the latest in a series of certifications in the first two months of the year, when Banca March was awarded the Great Place to Work® and Top Employers certifications. Specifically, the bank was certified as a Great Place to Work for the fourth year running, thanks to its culture of excellence and the team's sense of pride in belonging, as well as its strong people management practices and policies. Banca March also secured Top Employer certification – awarded by the independent consultancy firm Top Employers Institute – for the fifth running in 2023.
Anselmo Martín-Peñasco, Deputy Managing Director at Banca March and Head of the Human Resources area, said: "Banca March has positioned itself as one of the best places to work in Spain, demonstrating for the third year running that we have an excellent people management model, underpinned by training and specialisation, with the strongest investment in training in the Spanish banking industry. The sense of belonging among our employees and their pride at being part of the organisation is one of the best possible guarantees of our outstanding customer services.”